Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:23:02 +0000 (UTC)
From: Ben Edelen <support@...guinhosting.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: krb4 tgtsnarf/john

I have a question about krb4 hashes being generated by tgtsnarf and the
use of john in cracking these hashes.

Is there any documentation for use of the tgtsnarf tool?

The -A option seems to generate a hash with the $af$ prefix, which I am
assuming is for AFS tickets?

Without the option the tickets are prefixed with $k4$.

The $k4$ hashes when passed to john on multiple platforms and builds seems
to result in a segmentation fault.

The $af$ hashes get recognized yet a hash with a known password doesn't
seem to work.

Can anyone chime in on this?