Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 07:02:21 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Specify Rounds?

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 04:01:04PM -0500, Brad wrote:
> I have some custom hashes from a web server. They are raw-SHA512 with 50 rounds. Is there an easy way to configure JtR to crack them? I was looking for a --rounds=50 option, but that does not seem to work. I'm running john-1.8.0-jumbo-1

We use "raw" to refer to fast hashes as they are, without any
iterations, so there's no such thing as "raw-SHA512 with 50 rounds".

What you need is a dynamic mode.  If you post an example plaintext
password and its corresponding hash, Jim or someone else in here might
help you define that dynamic mode.

Alexander