Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:49:50 -0500
From: Frank Wang <frankw@....edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Doing raw SHA512 hashes

Hi,

I am trying to run about 10 million raw SHA 512 hashes in my program and
offloading it to a GPU will make it substantially faster. It seems like
John the Ripper has this functionality, but it seems to be intertwined with
the password cracking capabilities. Are there any SHA 512 OpenCL
implementations that are easy to separate and integrate into my program?
Possibly that already exist in John the Ripper?

Thanks,
Frank