Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:01:35 +0100
From: Luis Rocha <luiscrocha@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: pdf2john.py could not find object id

Hello All,

Not sure if this would be of interest but I came across an encrypted PDF
file that pdf2john was not able to extract the hash. Do not know why.

$ ./pdf2john.py /tmp/attached_1.final.pdf
/tmp/attached_1.final.pdf : Could not find object id

The password for the encrypted file is JAWS and it has been successfully
cracked by Elcomsoft. I can send the PDF file directly to someone who might
want to take a look.

Best,
Luis