Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:27:00 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Azure AD password sync, and needing PBKDF2 in dynamic modes

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:32:23AM -0500, jfoug wrote:
> I have thought about PBKDF2 addition.  It will not be part of dyna, but
> a bolt on module.  It is something really needed, and not there now.  It
> would also change the expression parser, but not past what could be
> handled, and I do think the ROI is good for this addition.
>
> Winter is coming, so I will have to put the bikes in the garage on
> stands, so I may have a bit more time for other activities, lol.  I do
> want to put more bells and whistles into this part of dynamic. It's
> usable today, it just is not mature and fully robust yet.

Yes, the new dynamic is really cool, for when it's sufficient.  Thank you!

Meanwhile, hashcat added support for these hashes, and we did not.
See recent tweets by @MGrafnetter, including on naming for the hashes.

Are we going to add them too?  Any volunteers?  Jim, Sayantan, magnum,
Dhiru?  Need both an OpenCL and a CPU/SIMD format.

Alexander