Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:58:44 +0200
From: Luis Rocha <luiscrocha@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: UTF support on nt-opencl format

Great suff magnum!

I just tried it out but due to some reason I get a error message "Can't use
?L placeholder without --internal-encoding" . Not sure what is wrong. Same
for ?D and ?U.

$ ./john --list=build-info | head -1
Version: 1.8.0.6-jumbo-1-1262-g71003d2

$ ./john hashes  --internal-encoding=utf-8 --encoding=utf-8
 --mask=?1?1?1?1 -1=?L?D
Warning: detected hash type "NT", but the string is also recognized as
"NT-old"
Use the "--format=NT-old" option to force loading these as that type instead
Loaded 5118 password hashes with no different salts (NT [MD4 128/128 SSE4.1
4x3])
Can't use ?L placeholder without --internal-encoding

Any idea?