Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 08:14:07 +1000
From: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich@...h.id.au>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Anyone looked at the Ashley Madison data yet?

Alexander,

"In the 10 percent of cases where the recovered password doesn't match
the bcrypt hash, CynoSure Prime members run case-modified changes to
the recovered password. For instance, assuming the recovered password
was "tworocks1" and it doesn't match the corresponding bcrypt hash,
the crackers will try "Tworocks1", "tWorocks1", "TWorocks1", and so on
until the case-modified guess generates the same bcrypt hash" is
quoted from the ArsTechnica article.

Also, the two algorithims have been added to release v1.42 of
https://hashes.org/mdxfind.php as MD5AM and MD5AM2.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich