Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:13:48 -0500
From: "jfoug@....net" <jfoug@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Anyone looked at the Ashley Madison data yet?

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:13:20 -0500, Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
wrote:

> Nope, it's not 5 character minimum. I did an experiment on the 1000 first
> hashes yesterday. One of the passwords was 123.

But the first 1000 'may' be early test accounts also.  All i know is I
searched for some shorter 'should be' found hashes and it did not appear
there were any (or at least not many).  I have logged into the AM site,
and it lists that 5 char passwords are the minimum.

You can search, but I doubt you will find too many of them.