Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 22:22:37 +0100
From: Demian Smith <demian.smith@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Merging rec sessions for --restore

Hi guys,

I have a hash (truecrypt) that is, per default, saved as three possible
hashtype (ripe, sha and whirlpool).

I ran john (1.8.0.6-jumbo-1-639-gd647405) on it for some time (46 days,
to be precise), specifying ripe to try. I have now, just to see would it
be more successful, started another session for sha.

Of course this is anything but optimal, so I was wondering could the two
sessions be merged= I'd remove the whirlpool hash from the hashfile and
just restore the "merges" session, so that both hashes are tried
simultaneous - or is that (both) not possible at all?

Thanks in advance,
DS