Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 09:14:51 +0200
From: Marek Wrzosek <marek.wrzosek@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA support

W dniu 05.08.2015 o 00:49, Lukas Odzioba pisze:
> This sounds like a bad news, but in reality it isn't.
> I hope that this will stop confusing NV users who used to jump to CUDA
> builds due to NV marketing policies.
> All the functionality has been moved to OpenCL years ago, and I don't
> see real disadvantages of this move.
>
> Thanks,
> Lukas

What about the informations in README-CUDA file? How old are they? Are
they still relevant? In particular the "OpenCL vs. CUDA parlor:"
paragraph. I don't have NVidia card, but I'm curious. Does all OpenCL
formats auto-tune to the same LWS and GWS values? Are CUDA is still
faster when THREADS and BLOCKS are changes accordingly? Is git
"complaining" a lot during pulling when there are changes made by a user
in cuda_*.h files?

Best Regards
--
Marek Wrzosek