Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 03:06:38 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: syntax error in 7z2john

On 2015-07-22 00:12, Matthew Smith wrote:
> Thank you both.  I got past the syntax error.  I ended up going to the
> earlier version of Python and using the topmost/latest version of the
> custom builds page.
>
> Unfortunately now I am getting this:
>
>   7-Zip files without header encryption are *not* supported yet!

Oh. Unfortunately that kind of archive isn't supported yet. You could
try using 7z2hashcat and see if it works better (I think John will be
able to use the hash from 7z2hashcat). You could of course use
oclHashcat instead of JtR but then you'll need a GPU too.

https://github.com/philsmd/7z2hashcat

If you try using 7z2hashcat + JtR please report the results! Maybe we
should use Phil's code in JtR too.

magnum