Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:46:47 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: how to list not salted formats?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:02:00PM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> I tried to find all formats without salt. I tried to use 'Salt size'
> from `john --list=format-all-details` but it turned out to be wrong
> because some formats showed "Many salts" and "Only one salt" during
> benchmarks.

I have to admit that the approach is not good in general: 'gost' has a
"salt": depending on format tag, the algo may use regular sboxes or
use cryptpro sboxes.

Format label                         gost
Salt size                            1

So this implementation of the format has salt formally.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov