Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:51:01 +0200
From: rysic <rysic@...pl>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Re:  Re: restore difficult zip password

You are right, --node is well defined, but I can't find in documentation how NFS share can benefit?

I also can't find answer for this:

In configuration file there are few Incremental sections (if I understand well by default john is using all of them), but is john mixing this charlists? I mean if I have few charlists - LATIN, UpperNum, custom then he is making one big list of chars and is using it for brute force? And Min/MaxLen in this sections mean that maximum x characters will be taken from charlist, but if I have this:

[Incremental:ASCII]
File = $JOHN/ascii.chr
MinLen = 0
MaxLen = 13
CharCount = 95

[Incremental:LM_ASCII]
File = $JOHN/lm_ascii.chr
MinLen = 0
MaxLen = 7
CharCount = 69

then it means tha john will try first combinatios of 0-13 characters from ASCII and then he will try 0-7 combinations from LM_ASCII?
If yes, then if I have password combined of chars from two charlists then john will not find it?
Am I right?

Kamil