Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:24:57 +0200
From: rysic <rysic@...pl>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: restore difficult zip password

Hi All!

I'm quite new in John so, fist - Hello! :-)

I need to restore one encrypted zip file but I was always using complicated passwords, so it is working very very slow.
I'm trying it on 8core i7 CPU and after few days of working it is showing 0.12%.

So, I started thinking about some cluster sollution but MPI is not working so good for me... :-/ Some hosts in cluster are working and some not.

But i red here http://openwall.info/wiki/john/parallelization
tis: "multiple instances of JtR can be run from within the same directory, sharing the same john.conf, john.pot, and other files just fine - this is a feature. "

Soes this mean that I can install John The Ripper (1.8) in many computers, share some directory, put there .pot .zip .hash file and start all of them to work? And they will share this .pot file and work quite symilar to cluster?

Kamil