Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:01:47 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny-RFC] Which Qt min version to require ?

Ok, there's no other way, given that we have two users requesting at least 4.6.2 support on Linux. This is only source level compatibility we're talking about I hope and no packages. So you have to build it yourself if you want to use it under *deprecated* environments like these. Mathieu has already started work on it and I already supplied my feedback there, it looks like it won't be a lot of headache so we're good.

Now in regards to OS X Leopard, how do you plan to install Qt on your system and from where, so that you can build Johnny? The dmgs will be based on Qt5 for various reasons including system compatibility, support for the .app bundle and dmg creation. I know I can test them on Mavericks and Yosemite, but I don't know where I'd grab a Leopard to test on that (the most I can do for that).

Shinnok