Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:32:13 -0500
From: Jordan Cross <crossroc94@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: dmg2john.py Text file rendering

I'm relatively new to this process and this format, so please forgive me,
my questions a out of ignorance.

I have a .dmg file that was created through the Mac OS X disk utility and
it is about 1.02gb, and I am unsure of which form of encryption that was
used. I believe that there are two options during creation: AES 128 and AES
256. I am unsure of the version of JTR that I am running, it has slipped my
mind. However, the version I have wasn't compiled including dmg2john.py. I
wound up getting it from GitHub. When running the dmg2john I can
successfully get a rendered .txt file. However, the first time I dumped the
file in, using single mode, too "excessive hashes" were loaded for
cracking. I canceled that process and tried one more time and now it
replies with "No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)"

Can anyone explain to me what's going on?