Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 18:10:47 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Option "-i=digits" removed / replaced?

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 03:47:20PM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> It annoys Solar Designer too.

Yes.

> magnum works on a solution to make -i mean --incremental again.

Huh?  I think you misread what was said in the john-dev thread.  magnum
did mention a potential workaround, but there was no decision to
actually implement it.  I didn't like the suggested workaround, although
I think I failed to mention that yet.  So plain -i is gone (in jumbo),
and might not be coming back.

Alexander