Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:54:37 -0700
From: Dan Tentler <dan@...nlabs.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: john --show

So I noticed that doing john --show doesn't show everything - it seems
to only show 'cracked' passwords, not passwords that were something like
'the username is the password'.

In this example there are a bunch of passwords that are super simple,
and they don't appear to all show up - ~100 or so of them are 'mailbox'
- meaning 100 accounts with the password mailbox, but when I do john
--show only one example of it appears in the output..

To get a full list (to feed to a tool like pipal or something) I'd have
to do a bunch of hack and slash command line stuff to map the john.pot
file to the pwdump file so i can get a user:pass mapping for every entry.

Is this the new functionality, or have I have I found a bug?

-Dan