Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 06:45:01 -1000
From: Eric Allione <ericallione@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [Mac OS 10.9.4, John the Ripper Pro] cannot find after install

Hello,

I just purchased John the Ripper Pro along with the word list. After
clicking the the DMG file and going through the motions, it said it was
finished installing. However I cannot find any trace of this program on my
computer. I tried reinstalling it and again it said it was finished
installing, but it's no where to be found on the search or the application
list.

I did not add the word pack (I am not sure how yet). Are there supposed to
be some commands that work in the terminal now that I installed that DMG
file?

I'm a little concerned about what I did to this new Mac server, aside from
whether I wasted $100 on something that doesn't work. But what worries me
the most is that my Mac insists that something was installed but yet I
can't find it.

Please forgive my ignorance as I have always been a Windows PC tech and
finally crossed over into the Mac world a few days ago. Thank you for any
help!

- Eric