Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:20:46 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cuda 6.5/OSX 10.9.4

On 2014-09-11 21:47, David wrote:
> When I run make I get:
>
> nvcc fatal   : Value 'sm_10' is not defined for option 'gpu-architecture'
> make[1]: *** [cuda_common.o] Error 1
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> Note that I’m running OS X 10.9.4 and just downloaded and installed
> cuda_6.5.14_mac_64.pkg.

This was discussed somewhere recently although I haven't seen it myself
yet. We should add that to autoconf.

You need to edit line 53 (after ./configure is run) of Makefile. Not
sure what hardware you've got but sm_30 should do. Maybe sm_20 still
works too. Running "nvcc -h" will probably get you a list of valid
architectures.

Hmm, or maybe just drop the "arch sm_10" statement instead of changing
it. Maybe that's what we should default to also. I'll try that right away.

magnum