Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:56:38 +0000
From: Pyrex <pyrex@...networks.net>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: John MPI Questions

While utilizing John with an MPI cluster I have run into several things that I have not yet been able to figure out nor is it available in the README.mpi and if it is maybe I am misunderstanding it.

First, is it possible to add additional nodes at any time? If so how?

Second, I understand that I am to send "pkill -USR2 mpirun" in order to force the nodes to sync before killing the session but what would be the proper means to kill the session? Send "pkill -USR2 mpirun" then Ctrl+C John? Should I wait a while before Ctrl+C? I Have had notes continue to run John even after the "pkill -USR2 mpirun" and Ctrl+C so I'd like to know more about the proper method for shutting down.

Third, what is the proper way to kick off a multi cluster CUDA + OpenMP session? I am presently using the following for WPA-PSK "mpirun -hostfile ~/etc/mpi.hosts -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-6.0/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH -n 7 ~/bin/john-wpa/john -format=wpapsk-cuda ~/wrk/wpa-hash.wrk" I assume setting the "-n" value should always be equal to the number of nodes I have? Right now I have noticed the following effect, the hashes are processing faster but the CPU time is bouncing around from core to core. When I ran tests on my desktop it seems to use all the cores time more evenly.

Thanks

-Pyrex

Content of type "text/html" skipped

No malware was found: Scanned by TiSnetworks E-Mail Security Systems.