Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:25:57 +0000
From: Mark Grace <MGrace@...g.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: OpenVMS support?

A little more detail:

Example hashfile:

TESTUSER:$V$9dau1iUce3x-wRj9T-VTT-----:20578:64:USER, TEST:/USERS/All:DCL

Works fine in 1.7.8.

In bleeding jumbo -

Testing:

./john --test --format=openvms
Will run 16 OpenMP threads
Benchmarking: OpenVMS, Purdy [32/64]... (16xOMP) DONE
Raw:    335872 c/s real, 30069 c/s virtual

Against above file:

./john oneline.txt
No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

./john oneline.txt  --format=openvms
No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

... I'm stuck so any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Mark