Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:37:55 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help Compiling John on ARM w/ MPI & CUDA

On 2014-07-18 17:15, Pyrex wrote:
> When running it utilizing MPI you do not need to specify the device?
> ex: "--device=0"

With or without MPI, CUDA defaults to device 0. Actually the CUDA+MPI
stuff is probably not complete in case you'd have some nodes with two or
more devices. The OpenCL code handles that just fine but the CUDA
version of that is probably not complete (I can't recall doing it). But
as long as all nodes just have one CUDA device, it should work fine as is.

> Also, do I have to utilize OpenMPI or will it work with MPICH2?

It it supposed to work just fine with MPICH2 as well, or anything else
that is OpenMPI compliant.

magnum