Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:04:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SHA-256 pass.salt with 54 bytes salt

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 04:38:06PM +0400, D0znpp wrote:
> And what about opencl ?

As you're probably aware, we don't have reasonable speed implementations
of fast hashes suitable for cracking on GPU anyway.  As an exception to
this, there's the highly experimental and I'm afraid abandoned (for now
at least) bleeding-mask branch, which adds reasonable speed mask mode
support for a handful of fast hashes, but that does not include SHA-256.

So the salt length issue is irrelevant to our OpenCL kernels anyway. ;-(

Alexander