Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 22:15:37 +0000 (GMT)
From: Kyle Gray <nox@...com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Open Cl issues on OS X

I'm attempting to use opencl on a new (to me) Apple laptop and I'm having issues. I am using 1.7.9 jumbo 7 and I read about the known issue on this thread: http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2013/03/17/3

"OpenCL compiler does not obey the -Ipath given when building, so any headers needed by the kernel must exist in current directory"

When I attempt to resolve this issue by running within the src directory, I get this response:

~/Documents/john-1.7.9-jumbo-7/src
[1] $ ../run/john -t -fo:wpapsk-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: Apple, 2 device(s).
Using device 1: GeForce GT 650M
Compilation log: Error getting function data from server
Error building kernel. Returned build code: -11. DEVICE_INFO=130
OpenCL error (CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE) in file (common-opencl.c) at line (135) - (clBuildProgram failed.)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks

-KG-

Content of type "text/html" skipped