Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:49:04 +0400
From: Дмитрий Потамошнев <d.potam@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: zip archive password recovery

Hello, All! It is my first letter in this mailing list and it is possible
that i do something wrong :-) My question is about recovery password for
zip archive.

I trying to create zip archive via WinRar with simple pass such '123'.
Then i try to zip2john utility on linux machine for create file with hash,
but john not found pass for this hash=/.

When we try to create archive via linux zip command then john work fine.
We tried --format for pkzip and zip. Not result for zip-archive created by
WinRAR.

Is WinRAR's zip is constraints for john?