Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:32:40 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john-1.8.0-Win-32 - john.omp.exe - cores used

---- Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> As Jim explained, setting up environment variables may be part of Cygwin
> setup, which you probably haven't completed.

It also is likely (IF you are also failing to get the DLL's when under the cygwin bash shell), that you need to re-run the setup-64.exe and find the missing library.

> Doesn't Cygwin's "launch bash" desktop icon setup the env vars, though?

It does, running under the bash shell (cygwin shell).  Running under a native cmd.exe, this path is not set, UNLESS you set this path either in the cmd.exe you launched, or you can globally set the environmental path value for all of windows.

> BTW, why don't you enable AVX?  Use an -x86-64-avx make target.

This would have to be added for cygwin64.  It is not there now. Since we are using a fat makefile, vs using configure to detect all this stuff, that target is not there until someone adds it.  I am pretty sure I did not add it (I am not at a machine I can check right now).

Jim.