Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:46:38 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Enhance john.local.conf to allow redefining individual
 john.conf options

On 01/06/2014 01:05 AM, magnum wrote:
> For now tldr but iirc we do have a problem in that things in
> john.local.conf will NOT over-rule existing entries in john.conf and NO
> warning is printed about that situation. I think preferred behavior *is*
> to override, with no warning to screen but one in the log.

When I tested yesterday, a section defined in john.local.conf completely
overwrites a previously defined section, without any warning.
(I didn't check the logs, though.)
May be that behavior was different in the past.

My request was about being able to redefine just a few settings, without
the need to copy the whole section...

Frank