Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:02:41 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jtr newbie: getting no hashes loaded message

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Donald Raikes <evhadu@...look.com> wrote:
> Ok so now I am a bit confused.
> I grabbed the yahoo.com wordlist that Rich pointed me to and extracted the password column into a file sorted it removing duplicates.
>
> I ran it against my password hashes  as follows:
>
> $ ./john --format=dynamic_62 --wordlist=yahoo.dic pwd2.txt > results.yahoo
>
> The run finished in roughly 4 minutes which is great!
> my results.yahoo file contained just over 184,000 records of presumably cracked passwords.
> When I ran:
> $ ./john --show pwd2.txt
Might have to specify the format when showing, but it should work
without that too. The default location for the cracks is in john.pot.
You may want to try that wordlist with some rules, I know the four you
gave as examples were not straight out of the list, they had been
"leet'ified" and mangled some. See how many records your john.pot has.
-rich