Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:31:12 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [openwall-announce] Energy-efficient bcrypt cracking
 (Passwords^13 slides)

2013/12/3 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> Continuing (beyond) her GSoC project with Openwall, Katja Malvoni has
> presented a comparison of bcrypt cracking efficiency achieved on chips
> based on Epiphany many-core architecture and on an FPGA vs. common CPUs,
> GPUs, and Intel MIC (Xeon Phi).  Katja has delivered the talk (including
> a live demo) at PasswordsCon Bergen, and we've placed the slides online:
>
> http://www.openwall.com/presentations/Passwords13-Energy-Efficient-Cracking/

Katja, Alexander
first of all congratulations for the presentation.
.
I've got two questions to the slides. Are you sure your power estimations
for gpus are correct? What metodology did you use? Values for gpus
looks a bit too small for me. Especially when "device power estimate"
is less than "iddle to load delta". It looks like it does not include
some iddle load which may be revelant, or this value is defined in
some other way.

Lukas