Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:04:09 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OMP on windows hangs after about 2 hours

On 2013-11-25 17:55, Zach Bevilacqua wrote:
> $ john --list=format-all-details --format=wpapsk | tail -2 | awk '{print
> $3}' > testhash
> $ john testhash -inc:lower -progress=1800
>
> Kept running with no issue. The original cracking function seemed to be
> hung with high CPU, eventually I killed the process via the task manager.
> Upon --restore the timer showed the cracking time to have been running the
> whole time, I don't know if the cracking was actually running still or just
> the timer.

If the cracking would somehow stall and the timer still run, your c/s
figures would decrease for each status update. What speed was/is shown
after resuming?

I'm not sure what to make out of this. Maybe it's a mingw64 problem. The
md5crypt format is among our best tested but the win64 build target is
bleeding-edge. I have no way to test the latter at all. Maybe just for
testing you could try resume or restart an md5crypt session with
OMP_NUM_THREADS=1 and see if it survives longer.

magnum