Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 07:55:51 -0600
From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Questions and suggestions to build a home cracking
 box. :)

Hi Rick,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Richard Miles
> <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com> wrote:
> > I intend to use just jTr because at the moment it's the only too that I
> > really enjoy and I have tons of scripts to automate attacks for them.
> > However, based on Magnum answer I may reconsider, since looks like that
> > sadly competitors are very ahead with GPU technology. :(
> Yes HC is ahead of JtR in this regard, and they don't want to share
> their efforts with us or anyone for that matter :(

That's very sad. I know that jTr's developers are amazing hackers, why not
reverse engineering their code? Is it illegal or so complex?

Maybe Google Summer Code may be a options to beat Hashcat on this field. :)

For example, nmap participated of Google Summer Code on the past and the
result was very good in my option.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014

> > Further answers and suggestions are very welcome. :)
> Just an FYI, we try to keep comments/replys "inline" so there is
> context. "Top Posting" is the default for most email interfaces, Gmail
> is this way. There are 3 dot's at the bottom of the Gmail web
> interface that "unhide" the previous email you're replying to, use
> those dots (...) to begin commenting inside your replys when possible.
> It makes the Web archives much easier to read and find good
> information/context.
>
> ***Looks like someone may have indicated to you that INLINE is the way
> to go*** (just read your reply)
> Disregard what I said then, and feel free to cut down some of the
> previous reply(s) if it/they doesn't apply to what you're replying
> to... I took out most of your reply :)

I'm so sorry about it. I'm doing it properly now.

Thanks.