Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:44:53 -0500
From: Zach Bevilacqua <bertwithcookie@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: OMP on windows hangs after about 2 hours

Anyone have any insight into this, I can't seem to find anything holding it
up.

Specs:
Windows 8.1 - 8GB RAM - AMD athlon X4 650 CPU

Unelevated command prompt --> john-omp.exe hash.file
File contains 3 MD5 hashes with salts seen as FreeBSD MD5 [SSE2i 12x] I do
get a cygwin error "1 [main] john-omp 8340 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't
compute FAST_CWD pointer." but it runs fine other than that. After about 2
hours it won't respond to (any)key commands for status. It still takes up
resources but not as much when it's really working. cntrl+C will make
produce a 'wait' message but that never goes away (left overnight) another
cntrl+C make it say something like termated but the job still stays around.
I have to end the task in the task manager. I can do a --restore and it
starts again, for another 2 hours.

Any thoughts? Other than I'm doing it wrong because I'm using windows.....