Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:30:45 -0500
From: "Richard B. Tilley (Brad)" <brad@....us>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Questions and suggestions to build a home cracking
 box. :)

I would not discount a smart approach. Speed is overrated. Efficiency and brains are underrated. Don't get me wrong, a certain level of performance is required to effectively crack passwords, and JtR is certainly fast enough for the job (and then some). Yes, there is faster cracking software, but JtR is more than fast enough.

Hope this helps,

Brad