Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:36:53 +0200
From: Yazar Oku <yazaroku2013@...mail.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: {crypt} unsupported

Hi,

I have compiled "john-1.7.9-jumbo-7.tar.bz2" and can easily work on password hashes in the format {SSHA}. John can detect the format automatically.

But in my file, there are hashes of format {crypt}, which John does not detect. When I use the "--format=crypt" parameter, the error I get is ;
Generic crypt(3) module: hash encoding string length 51, type id #0
appears to be unsupported on this system; will not load such hashes.
Generic crypt(3) module: hash encoding string length 41, type id #0
appears to be unsupported on this system; will not load such hashes.
No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

I have read the FAQ many times but can not resolve my issue. A sample hash is below ;
username@...ain:{crypt}$1$8ebe5e6d$cY6OomZFrbA5ljt3e7.Ql.

Any idea ?