Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 21:30:47 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: assistance dmg2john.py RE: encrypted / unmounted dmg partitions

On 12 sep 2013, at 21:09, Shia Aaron Lloyd Fisher <shia0fisher@...il.com> wrote:
> If it is not mounted, it displays no logical path, I can only see the
> identifier name. What syntax should I use in Terminal to run dmg2john.py
> agains my dmg stored in "Apple_CoreStorage  150.2 GB   disk0s4"?

I've only tried this on disk images, not partitions. I guess it should be something like this:

$ sudo ./dmg2john.py /dev/disk0s4

...but trying that on my gear, it doesn't seem to work. Not sure if this is some functionality lacking in dmg2john. We'll try fixing that quickly if so.

Hopefully Dhiru will chime in. BTW Dhiru, why do I have a dmg2john symlinked to john, as well as a dmg2john.py?

magnum