Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 01:23:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help a newbie to crack a password

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 09:42:33PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> On 15 Aug, 2013, at 21:34 , Victor <vbis@...reton.com> wrote:
> > ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/usr/local/ssl/lib'
>
> You need to install OpenSSL (including development headers). This is your real problem.

Actually, I see no real problem - it looks like Victor's build succeeded
(yes, with some warnings, but those were just that - harmless warnings).
This line about OpenSSL was merely a warning - I think OpenSSL was
successfully found at another location.

Victor - as discussed before, for 7-Zip support you need to build the
latest version from GitHub:

git clone git://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper -b bleeding-jumbo bleeding-jumbo

Please do.  If you experience issues building that version, please post
to the list.  Your previous posting does not indicate any problem - your
build appears to have succeeded (but it's an older version as you say).

Alexander