Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 02:49:03 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Using DYNAMIC for implementing SHA-512 ^ 101 ?

On 22 Jul, 2013, at 22:24 , Nicolas RUFF <nicolas.ruff@...il.com> wrote:
>> Please let me know if you want to change the name of the plug-in (currently it
>> is blackberry-es10). Also, is the input hash format ($bbes10$hash$salt) OK?
>
> Well, I don't really mind, as long as it works :)
>
> However, keeping trace of the username somewhere could prove handy when
> confronted to a large hash database.

Username, userid, GECOS etc. fields can always be used too. They are separated by ':' while the hash parts in this case are separated by '$'. This line will work fine:

username:$bbes10$hash$salt

Or this:

username:$bbes10$hash$salt:::some other known data

In the latter case "some other known data" (eg. full names, email addresses and/or whatever you might have) will be used in Single mode for producing candidates.

The two empty fields (producing three ':' in a row) are non-filled-in numerical user and group ids. Use them if you have them.

magnum