Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:50:41 -0400
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: OpenCL under Windows with Haswell

On 6/17/13, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:
> 2013/6/17 Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>:
>> Can you test the Intel HD GPU that come with Haswell? (it supports OpenCL
>> 1.2)
>
> To do so you will have to install Intel's OpenCL SDK, also you might
> get better results on cpu using this sdk instead of amd's.

Intel's OpenCL SDK is not needed. With a working (compiled) john with
OpenCL support you only need the Intel GPU drivers and the GPU to be
active (by default most motherboards deactive the integrated GPU when
a discrete GPU is used). Note that we are talking about Haswell GPU
(HD 4200, 4400, 4600, P4600, P4700, 5000, Iris Graphics 5100 or Iris
Pro Graphics 5200) and not about CPU.

When used the CPU in OpenCL i found the AMD SDK better than Intel
(even for Intel CPU).

saludos,
alain