Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 21:00:18 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fuzzing with regular expressions

This contradicts the Unicode section on http://code.google.com/p/rexgen/ so you might want to revise that. Or better, make the code work like the docs says :-)

> The aim of the options u8, u16 and u32 are to enforce the output encoding.
> To verify this, you could create a hexdump of the output:
>
> rexgen 'test' | od -x

OK, I see it now. This also contradicts the web docs: the default is UTF-8 and not UTF-32. And in this case the actual behavior is better - defaulting to UTF-32 would be very odd!

magnum