Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:37:50 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cisco ACS username: hash or crypt or.... and de-encoding?

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@....com> wrote:

> I noted that Cisco calls it a 'hash'  -- but since it needs to be
> cleartext for the ftp process to use it,
> wouldn't this be a misnomer?

You can have a hash that is reversible,  but typical password hashes are
1-way and not reversible.

> In any case,  here's a handful of different  passwords and hashes, in case
> somebody can
> do something with it:
>
> Are they always the same, does "password" always equal
"e047fabda9d3659e8d95a73223324f
85149e394f" ? Since it's likely a non-salted and reversible hash, a simple
script should to the job in these cases. If you can share some more,
perhaps with a few CaMELcasE, perhaps Abcd123, ABcd123, ABCd123.
-rich