Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 14:29:33 +0900
From: Just Me <notsosimpleme@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dmg2john used and password cracked, hdiutil fails to
 accept it

Tried vfdecrypt  on macos that calls OpenSSL API, fails on
EVP_DecryptFinal_ex compiled with added  ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);
to show where:

/vfdecrypt -v -i test.dmg -p Passwd6 -o decrypted.dmg
v1 header detected.
EVP Decrypt final: internal error (2) during key unwrap operation!
39213:error:06065064:lib(6):func(101):reason(100):/SourceCache/OpenSSL098/OpenSSL098-47/src/crypto/evp/evp_enc.c:330:
AES Key:
00 00 00 00 a0 81 0b 6a
ff 7f 00 00 a0 81 0b 6a

SHA1 seed:
ff 7f 00 00 d0 81 0b 6a
ff 7f 00 00 18 00 00 00
00 00 00 00

25600 chunks written

This error is the same for any password given, so it seems that
password recovered with JtR is not the right one - which is very
puzzling to me