Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:30:48 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RAR Cracking with JtR Jumbo (Files found during forensics)

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Nicolas Brulez <
nicolas.Brulez@...persky.com> wrote:

> I will let it run when i am AFK, i can't run it when i am working, it's
> now "blasting".
> The c/s is slowly getting lower though. I will look at it after dinner

I split rockyou into 4 pieces and let 4 machines go through it with no
additional rules, didn't get the pass. Being in the malware biz yourself,
are we likely to find it as anything other than some random string, or
would it possibly be something found in a dictionary? Have people paid
ransomware perps and got the actual password from them, and if so I wonder
what it was like? Or do I have my facts wrong and this is a "lost" password
situation?
-rich