Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:40:31 -0500
From: Lex Par <ziptied@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Cracking SHA1 with some knowledge of password

 Group, I have a SHA1 hash that I would like to brute-force. I have
knowledge of several characters before and after the password (ie, if the
hash is derived from "xxxpasswordyyy", I know both xxx and yyy).  I'd like
to somehow input the xxx and yyy values as constants, so that they are
always included in the crack attempt but the "password" portion is
brute-forced.

Thanks!!!!