Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:52:06 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Driver version conflict

On 28 Jan, 2013, at 6:11 , Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com> wrote:
> If so, also let us know if you're able to run any other CUDA programs
>> (other than JtR)
>> without running into this issue.
>>

> Yes. I am able to compile other .cu files with nvcc and they are also
> running fine.

That is strange.

> In addition to what Solar just said, you could try:
>>
>>        ./john --list=cuda-devices
>>
>> Do you get the same error for this as well? If not, does it report the
>> CUDA version you expected? Please post the output.
>>

> After this I am getting the following error.
>
> node@...e:~/Desktop/john-1.7.9-jumbo-7/run$ ./john --list=cuda-devices
> Error: The installed NVIDIA CUDA driver is older than the CUDA runtime
> library.
> This is not a supported configuration. Update your display driver.

The problem is pretty much spelled out here. Somewhere you still have old CUDA driver files present.

Can you spot a difference in CUDA libs/paths if you compare the output of "ldd john" with "ldd <working-cuda-program>"?

Did you build 64-bit or 32-bit? Try the other and see if there's a difference.

Does an OpenCL build of John work? What does "./john --list=opencl-devices" say?

magnum