Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:47:52 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Driver version conflict

On 25 Jan, 2013, at 13:28 , Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com> wrote:

> I have build the JTR in linux-x86-64-cuda mode. After getting benchmark for
> all formats, I am getting following warning.

>> Benchmarking: RAR3 SHA-1 AES (4 characters) [32/64]... DONE
>> Raw:    50.0 c/s real, 50.0 c/s virtual
>>
>> Benchmarking: WinZip PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA-1 [32/64]... DONE
>> Raw:    252 c/s real, 259 c/s virtual
>>
>> Benchmarking: dummy [N/A]... DONE
>> Raw:    77435K c/s real, 77435K c/s virtual
>>
>> CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version in
>> cuda_common.cu at line 43
>>

> I have already installed latest cuda toolkit. What changes I need to make?

In addition to what Solar just said, you could try:

	./john --list=cuda-devices

Do you get the same error for this as well? If not, does it report the CUDA version you expected? Please post the output.

Also, you might want to check that /usr/local/cuda is a symlink to /usr/local/cuda-5 or whatever the real (latest) cuda directory is called. Somehow you seem to have a mix of cuda versions at different places.

magnum