Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:08:17 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Are these wordlists good? The price is not bad.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Richard Miles
<richard.k.miles@...glemail.com> wrote:
> I was reading a blog that is not very often updated, but contains nice
> articles in special about password cracking and jTr, they offer wordlists
> if you donate (at least 5USD), they have tons of wordlists based on the
> amount that you donate.
>
> My question is, have you acquired it? Are these wordlists as good as
> promised?
Who knows, and I'm skeptical about using a CC to pay for such a thing.
There are plenty of wordlists out there for this kind of thing, and I
see at the top he/she has phone number list's, which would be a breeze
for JtR's knownforce mode. I'd wager the list is just made up of other
lists such as those you'd find on skullsecurity.org
http://www.skullsecurity.org/wiki/index.php/Passwords
JtR also has Wordlist's links: http://www.openwall.com/passwords/wordlists/
which may need to be updated to include KoreLogic's wordlist, not sure
how much overlap it has with others already listed:
http://contest-2010.korelogic.com/wordlists.html
http://g0tmi1k.blogspot.gr/2011/06/dictionaries-wordlists.html
There are a ton of free wordlist's out there, remember WPA passwords
are from 8 to 63 characters in length, anything smaller or larger than
that is useless for WPA cracking.
-rich