Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 06:29:38 +0700
From: Agan Unyu <aganunyu@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: dynamic function for traditional des crypt

Hello,

I have custom hash format: crypt(md5(p),salt) written in php (output of md5
is 32 byte hex string), output of the crypt is traditional des, 13 byte
long with 2 byte salt at the beginning. I want to use JTR to test password
stored in that hash format. As far as i read, i only found md5 and sha1
dynamic function primitive, there are many examples about md5 and sha1
custom hash variations, but none about traditional des crypt.

does JTR have dynamic function primitive for traditional DES crypt ? is it
possible to use JTR for crypt(md5(p),s) custom hash ?

thanks,
Agan