Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 19:12:05 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with AMD and recent Patch

On 11/09/2012 03:57 PM, Marc Brinkmann wrote:
> I'm sorry, but even with Catalyst 12.8 it is not working for me :(
> Applied all downgrades, pulled git (still everything up-to-date), rebuild
> john and tried:
>
> Pleale note: alle Benchmarks took minutes, before they canceled.
> "Abgebrochen" ist German for "canceled"

So you aborted it? That is some progress ;-)

It may be that your GPU is too weak to run vectorized. I'll do some
changes soon and let you know. In the mean time, try prepending your
command line with GWS=0 as in "GWS=0 ./john --test
--format=office2007-opencl" and you'll hopefully see some things
happening. Please report the outcome of that.

Or if you feel like hacking around, edit opencl_office2007_fmt.c and
force VF to 1 no matter what. Then edit opencl/office2007_kernel.cl and
force "#define SCALAR" no matter what. Then recompile and try it out
(also with GWS=0 for more verbosity).

magnum