Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:11:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA tweaking to your actual GPU

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 11:40:40AM -0400, Rick Zero_Chaos Farina wrote:
> So can we do the same for cuda then?

The same == what?  Several things have been mentioned.  Anyhow, I and
others in here understand that distros want to be able to have a single
mostly-binary build that is near-optimal for a wide range of systems.
We do have this in mind.

> This is what hashcat does now as well.

As far as I'm aware, hashcat uses precompiled kernels with both OpenCL
and CUDA - perhaps many for each hash type, yes (for different GPUs).

Alexander